Central Platte NRD to Consider Proposed Lower Budget
(GRAND ISLAND, NE) – A public hearing will be held at 1:45 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, 2018, to review and take comments on the Central Platte Natural Resources District’s (CPNRD) 2019 fiscal budget. The preliminary budget is approximately $4.6 million lower than the 2018 fiscal budget and the property tax request down nearly $1 million compared to last year. At the board meeting, directors will act to adopt the proposed budget of expenditures or the amended budget after the public hearing has been closed. The board of directors meeting will begin at 2:00 p.m. at the CPNRD’s office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island, NE.
A levy hearing will be scheduled just prior to the August 30th board of directors meeting. Property taxes received by the CPNRD provide funding towards flood control, nitrate management, soil health, cost-share to producers, recreation, education, and other natural resources benefits.
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report to the board.
2. Variance/Appeals Subcommittee The subcommittee will review an appeal from Dawson County and take a recommendation to the board.
3. 2018/2019 Budget
A) Budget Committee – Review proposed budget. Any recommendations for amendments will be presented at the public hearing.
B) Action – Following the public hearing, the board will need to take action to adopt the proposed or amended budget.
C) Public Hearing – Schedule time for public hearing to set the property tax levy.
3. Eastern Projects Committee Jesse Mintken will give an update on the Upper Prairie/Silver/Moores Flood Control Project.
4. Water Quantity Committee
A) Rules & Regulations- The committee will make a recommendation on proposed changes to the Rules & Regulations for the Groundwater Management Plan.
B) The board will consider setting a public hearing date for proposed changes to Rules & Regulations.
C) B-1 Reservoir- The committee will recommend an engineering firm to study the best options to account for water in the B-1 Reservoir.
5. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) Jim Bendfeldt will report.
6. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
7. Cost-Share Action on cost-share requests.
8. Financial Report Action on the July financial report.
9. Executive Session
10. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.
*Board meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless stated otherwise) at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803. Contact the CPNRD staff at (308) 385-6282.