The Central Platte Natural Resources District’s board of directors will meet at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 25, 2018.
11:45-12:15 Eastern Projects Committee
1:15-1:50 Programs Committee
1:50 – 2:00 p.m. Public Hearing – Rules & Regulations
2:00 p.m. Board of Directors Meeting
Central Platte NRD to Lift Stay on New Wells and New Irrigated Acres
(GRAND ISLAND, NE) – The Central Platte Natural Resources District’s (CPNRD) board of directors have scheduled a public hearing to be held on October 25, 2018, at 1:50 p.m. to lift the 180-day temporary stay on new wells and new irrigated acres. The stay was implemented to update the Rules and Regulations for the Fully and Over Appropriated Area of the District. During the temporary stay, the acre transfer tool was updated and new depletion numbers were implemented. The new numbers were determined by the Cooperative Hydrology Study (COHYST) Groundwater Model used for the Groundwater Quantity Management Program.
The hearing will be held just prior to the 2:00 p.m. October board meeting at the Central Platte NRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island, NE.
OTHER ACTION/AGENDA ITEMS
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski’s report is on Dropbox.
2. Rules & Regulations Board action required to lift the 180-day temporary stay on new wells and new irrigated acres.
3. Eastern Projects Committee Action will be considered on Amendment #7 regarding the Letter of Map Revision (LMOR) for the Upper Prairie/Silver/Moores Flood Risk Reduction Project.
4. Programs Committee
A) Outdoor Classroom Application Recommendation on a grant request from Nebraska Wildlife Encounter Discovery Center-Kearney.
B) Conservation Collaboration Subaward Agreement Review and take action on the agreement for the Nebraska Community Foundation to reimburse CPNRD for cost of a Conservation Easement Specialist and Easement Administrative Specialist, both to be housed at the NRCS office.
5. Long Range Implementation Plan The board will review and take action on the proposed 2018-2023 Long Range Implementation Plan.
6. Central Nebraska Irrigation Project Courtney Widup will give an update on the new irrigation project established in cooperation with The Nature Conservancy, Nestle Purina, and Cargill.
7. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) Jim Bendfeldt will report.
8. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
9. Cost-Share Action on cost-share requests.
10. Financial Report Action on the October financial report.
11. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.
*Board meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless stated otherwise) at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803. Contact the CPNRD staff at (308) 385-6282.