Thursday, April 26, 2018
9:30 – 10:15 Variance/Appeals Subcommittee
10:15 – 11:15 Eastern Projects Committee
11:15 – 11:45 Programs Committee
1:15 – 2:00 Water Resources Committee
2:00 Board of Directors Meeting
1. Groundwater Quality Presentations Central City High School students will present their groundwater quality projects with data provided by Duane Woodward and Brandi Flyr.
2. Platte Valley Weed Management Update Rich Walters will give an update on Phragmites control.
3. NRCS Report Mike Pavel, resources conservationist- Buffalo County, will report to the board.
A) Appeals- Review and make recommendations on two irrigation certification appeals.
B) Violations- Report and request Cease and Desist Orders for two violations.
C) Transfer- Review request to transfer water from CPNRD to Lower Loup NRD.
5. Funding Request Review funding request from Chuck Burr, UNL, for the Testing Ag Performance Solutions (TAPS) program for the 2018 growing season.
6. Programs Committee
A) Cost-Share Budget- Review the 2019 fiscal budget request for cost-share programs.
B) College Scholarships- Review applications and make recommendations to the board.
7. Water Quality Crop Reporting Form update for the Groundwater Quality Management Program.
8. Quality Form Noncompliance Update on Cease & Desist Orders issued to six producers who haven’t submitted their Groundwater Quality Management Forms.
9. Water Resources Review the 2019 fiscal budget request.
10. Eastern Projects Review the 2019 fiscal budget request.
11. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
12. Cost-Share Action on cost-share requests.
13. Financial Report Action on the April financial report.
14. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.
*Board meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless stated otherwise) at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803. Contact the CPNRD staff at (308) 385-6282.