Upcoming Board Meeting- February 23, 2017
10:30 Variance/Appeals Hearing and Meeting 11:30 Programs Committee 1:00 Water Resources Committee 2:00 Board of Directors Meeting
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report to the board.
2. Variance Sub-Committee
A) Variance Request The committee will consider a variance request from Nance County. A recommendation will be taken to the board.
B) Violations Report Luke Zakrzewski will report on irrigation violations in 2016.
3. Programs Committee Review the 2018 FY budgets requests for cost share and information/education.
4. Water Resources Committee
A) Interlocal Agreements The committee will consider three Interlocal Agreements for:
– Geocloud Database partnership with other NRDs
– Crop/ET Study with UNL (field readings)
– Measuring Crop ET with UNL (satellite data/METRIC computation process)
B) Cease & Desist Hearings Sandy Noecker will report on hearings held for landowners out of compliance with the Groundwater Quality Management Program.
5. Vehicle Bids Tom Backer will present bids for consideration to trade in the NRD’s 2009 Trailblazer.
6. Burn Contractor Bids David Carr will present bids for consideration to hire a spring burn contractor.
7. Prairie/Silver/Moores Flood Control Project Jesse Mintken will have a progress report on construction.
8. Cooperative Hydrology Study Duane Woodward will have an update on the COHYST.
9. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) Jim Bendfeldt will report.
10. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission (Commission) Mick Reynolds will report.
11. Cost Share The board will take action on cost share requests.
12. Financial Report Action will be taken on the February financial report.
13. March Board Meeting We’ll consider moving the meeting to March 30th.
14. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.
*Board meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless stated otherwise) at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803. Contact the CPNRD staff at (308) 385-6282.