The Central Platte NRD board of directors will meet on Thursday, August 31, 2017. Below is the agenda.
9:45 – 10:45 Programs Committee Meeting
10:45 – 11:45 Water Resources Committee Meeting
12:30 – 12:50 Public Hearing- Rules & Regulations
12:50 – 1:00 Public Hearing- Levy
1:00 – 3:30 Board of Directors Meeting
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report to the board.
2. 2017/2018 Budget The board will need to take action to sign a resolution and approve setting the levy for the 2017/2018 fiscal budget.
3. Programs Committee Discussion and possible recommendations:
A) Scholarship Program- proposed changes.
B) Conservation Awards- proposed changes.
C) Urban Development- ranking/application for new cost share program.
D) Sponsor Request- NRCS Soil Health Conference, Sept. 6, Albion
E) Sponsor Request- UNL Plains Safaris Conference, April 18-20, Kearney
4. Water Resources Committee
A) UNL Research Grant Requests
B) Rules & Regulations Discussion- The board will consider action to approve the proposed or amended General Provisions and Procedures for Enforcement.
5. Cooperative Hydrology Study Duane Woodward will give a wrap-up on his work with COHYST.
6. Hazard Mitigation Plan Jesse Mintken will give an update on the adoption of the Plan.
7. Upper Prairie/Silver/Moores Jesse Mintken will give a progress report on the flood control project.
8. Land Advisory Committee Mark Czaplewski will recommend appointments for the joint CPNRD/Tri-Basin NRD representative position on the Platte River Program committee.
9. Voting Delegate The board will elect a voting delegate and alternate for the NARD annual conference.
10. CPNRD Video Marcia Lee will present a branding video produced by Red Thread of Lincoln.
11. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts Jim Bendfeldt will report.
12. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
13. Cost Share The board will take action on cost share requests.
14. Financial Report Action will be taken on the August financial report.
15. Upcoming Board Meetings The board will set meeting dates for November and December.
16. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.