The Central Platte NRD Board of Directors will meet at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 27, 2017. The board of directors meetings are open to the public and held at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island, NE.
July Board Agenda
1. NRCS Report Janelle Taubenheim, Resources Conservationist, and Jason Schultz, summer intern, will report to the board.
2. 2017/2018 Budget
A) Budget Committee – Review proposed budget. Any recommendations for amendments will be presented at the public hearing.
B) Action – Following the public hearing, the board will need to take action to adopt the proposed or amended budget.
C) Public Hearing – Schedule time for public hearing to set the property tax levy.
3. Variance/Appeals Recommendation on a variance request in Buffalo/Hall counties.
4. Programs Committee Discussion and possible recommendations:
A) Scholarship Program- proposed changes.
B) Conservation Awards- proposed changes.
C) Urban Development- process/application for new cost share program.
5. Water Resources Committee Discussion and possible recommendations:
A) Rules & Regulations- proposed changes.
B) Public Hearing- Date/Time
C) Chemigation Violation- request for Cease & Desist.
6. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) Jim Bendfeldt will report.
7. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
8. Cost Share The board will take action on cost share requests.
9. Financial Report Action will be taken on the July financial report.
10. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.