Central Platte NRD to Consider Approval of Integrated Management Plans
(GRAND ISLAND, NE) The Central Platte Natural Resources District’s board of directors will consider approval of the Basin-Wide and CPNRD Integrated Management plans at their monthly meeting to be held on July 25, 2019. Public hearings for the plans were held on July 15, 2019, with a public information meeting held just prior to the hearings at the Central Platte NRD office. The original plans were approved in 2009 with a requirement that the same parties develop a second increment within 10 years after the adoption of the first increment plans. The Basin-Wide and CPNRD Integrated Management plans were implemented to ensure that Nebraska is following the Nebraska New Depletions Plan included within the Platte River Recovery Implementation Plan. Additional details are available on the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources website at dnr.nebraska.gov/iwm.
The board of directors meeting will begin at 2:00 p.m. at the CPNRD’s office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island, NE.
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report.
2. Budget Adopt proposed or amended 2019/2020 Fiscal budget. Schedule levy hearing prior to the August 29th board of directors meeting.
3. Water Quantity Committee Review proposals to rewrite the NRD’s Ground Water Management Plan and take recommendation to the board. The board will take action.
4. Integrated Management Plan The board will consider approval of the second increment CPNRD Integrated Management Plan. The Plan will be effective on September 11, 2019.
5. Basin-Wide Management Plan The board will consider approval of the second increment Basin-Wide Management Plan. The Plan will be effective on September 11, 2019.
6. Joint Defense Agreement Review and act on a proposed Joint Defense and Common Interest Agreement with the Lower Loup NRD and Loup Public Power District to share attorney fees.
7. Managers Report Lyndon Vogt will report.
8. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
9. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts Jim Bendfeldt will report.
10. Cost-Share Action on cost-share requests through Central Platte NRD and the Nebraska Soil and Water Conservation Program.
11. Financial Report Action on the July financial report.
12. August Board Meeting Consider moving next meeting to August 29th to accommodate the budget schedule.
13. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.