Central Platte NRD to Issue Cease & Desist Orders
(GRAND ISLAND, NE) Luke Zakrzewski, GIS image analyst, will report on the number of producers who have not submitted their Nitrogen Management forms that were due on March 31, 2019. Zakrzewski will request Cease and Desist orders be issued to those producers for being out of compliance with the NRD’s Groundwater Quality Management Program.
The request will be made at the board of directors meeting to be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 21, 2019, at the District’s office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island, Nebraska.
BOARD ACTION ITEMS
1. Audit Report Jake Klabenes, Lutz Accounting, will present the 2018/2019 audit report. Action required.
2. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report.
3. Eastern Projects The committee will review and make recommendations to the board on:
A. Upper Prairie Silver Moores Project- Change Order #2 Levee Project
B. Hazard Mitigation Plan -Proposals for Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
4. Nitrogen Management Compliance Luke Zakrzewski will report on the number of producers who have not submitted Nitrogen Management forms and will request Cease and Desist orders.
5. NRCS MOU Action is required on a Memorandum of Understanding with the USDA-NRCS for a continued working agreement.
6. Long Range Implementation Plan Marcia Lee will request approval of the 2019-2024 Plan.
7. Managers Report Lyndon Vogt will report.
8. Nominating Committee The Board will elect a three-member board officer nominating committee to make recommendations for secretary and treasurer. Deb VanMatre has served one full term and is eligible for re-election as secretary. Charles Maser has served two full terms and is not eligible for re-election as treasurer.
9. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission Mick Reynolds will report.
10. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts Jim Bendfeldt will report.
11. Cost-Share Action on cost-share requests through Central Platte NRD and the Nebraska Soil and Water Conservation Program.
12. Financial Report Action on the November financial report will be taken in December.
13. December Board Meeting Discussion to move the next board meeting to December 19, 2019.
14. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.