Board Meeting Minutes: 2015-2017 Board Minutes
The Board of Directors is elected to protect and preserve a wide scope of natural resources within the district. There are 21 members, each serving a four-year term. The board consists of one At-Large member and two directors in each Subdistrict. Directors are elected in alternate election years for four-year terms.
Action Taken on February 23, 2017 PDF
Upcoming Board Meeting- Thursday, March 30, 2017
9:30 Variance/Appeals Sub-Committee Hearing and Meeting 10:30 Eastern Projects Committee Meeting
11:45 Western Projects Committee Meeting 1:00 Programs Committee Meeting
1:30 Water Resources Committee Meeting 2:00 Board of Directors Meeting
1. NRCS Report Joe Krolikowski, district liaison, will report to the board.
2. Variance Sub-Committee The committee will consider a variance request from Nance County; with their recommendation taken to the board.
3. Eastern Projects The committee will work on their Fiscal Year 2017/2018 budget recommendations and will review a draft policy for Urban Cost Share requests.
4. Western Projects The committee will work on their Fiscal Year 2017/2018 budget recommendations.
5. Programs Committee
A) Budget Review changes to the 2018 FY cost share and information/education budget requests.
B) BioBlitz Funding Request Review and make a recommendation on a funding request from Kearney High School and UNK.
C) Scholarships Discuss and make recommendations to award ten scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for students majoring in a natural resources career.
6. Water Resources Committee Discuss and make recommendation on funding the Crop/ET Study with UNL as presented by Dr. Suat Irmak in February.
7. Platte River Program Mark Czaplewski will give an update on the P.R. Recovery Implementation Program.
8. Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) Jim Bendfeldt will report on NARD board action and have a recommendation on the 2020 NCF Envirothon to be held in Nebraska.
9. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission (Commission) Mick Reynolds will report.
10. Cost Share The board will take action on cost share requests.
11. Financial Report Action will be taken on the March financial report.
12. May Board Meeting Consider moving May board meeting due to a conflict with GMDA conference.
13. Other As may develop prior to the board meeting.
Board meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month (unless stated otherwise) at the CPNRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue, Grand Island NE 68803
Contact CPNRD staff at (308) 385-6282 with any questions.