Congratulations to following students selected to receive a scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year:
Central City: Isabella Gomez
Doniphan: Blake Williams
Eddyville: Sage Williams
Gothenburg: McKinley Harm
Grand Island: Alex Stocker, Dillon Vogt
Lexington: Chandler Flynn
Miller: Jason Line
St. Libory: Mitchell Glause
Wood River: Carson Schultz
Central Platte Natural Resources District is accepting applications for the CPNRD-Ron Bishop College Scholarship Program. Each year the Central Platte NRD provides 10 students with $1,000 scholarships. The District ranks applicants according to grade level and major, with the highest rankings going to those already enrolled in college and pursuing a natural resources education. Students must also reside within CPNRD boundaries; which reach from Gothenburg to Columbus along the Platte River (Map). Some of the careers that qualify:
-Agriculture: Business Rep, Engineer, Inspector, Agronomist, Applied Science/Diversified
-Engineer: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical
-Conservationist, Resources Management
-Geographic Information Systems Specialist
-Grazing Livestock System
-Mechanized Systems/Soil & Water Conservation
-Soil Conservationist/ Soil Engineer
-Water Resources Specialist
-Other related careers
Contact Marcia Lee at (308) 385-6282 or email@example.com with any questions.
Central Platte NRD is one of 23 separate Natural Resources Districts created by the Nebraska Legislature in 1972 to protect the state’s natural resources. The CPNRD strives to protect groundwater and surface water, reduce flood threats, conserve soil health, create and protect wildlife habitat, and educate children and adults to use natural resources wisely.
Congratulations to the 2016 Awardees:
*Brett Bendfeldt, Shelton- Majoring in Agronomy at UNL.
*Chandler Flynn, Lexington- Majoring in Bio-Chemistry at Doane College.
*Holly Green, Grand Island- Majoring in Organizational Communications with minor in Wildlife Management at UNK.
*Isabella Gomez, Central City- Majoring in Biology with emphasis in Wildlife Management at UNK.
*McKinley Harm, Gothenburg- Majoring in Civil & Environmental Engineering at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.
*Mitchel Herbig, Central City- Majoring in Mechanized Systems Management with emphasis in Agronomy.
*Issac Richter, Kearney- Majoring in Agronomy at UNL.
*Carson Schultz, Wood River– Majoring in Wildlife Biology at UNK.
*Madison Vahle, Grand Island- Majoring in Rangeland Ecology & Watershed Management at University of Wyoming.
*Evan Wiese, Grand Island- Majoring in Agribusiness/Agronomy at UNL.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- Courtney Anthony, Lexington. Fisheries & Wildlife at UNL
- Mitchell Baker, Grand Island. Civil Engineering at UNO
- Kristi Block, Cozad. Public Relations/emphasis in Agriculture at UNL
- Briana Brooks, Gothenburg. Grazing & Livestock Systems/Animal Science at UNL
- Karen Buettner, Grand Island. Agricultural Education at UNL
- Julia Burchell, Kearney. Biological Systems Engineering at UNL.
- Kurtis Burden, Sumner. Horticulture/Sports Turf Management at Nebraska College of Technical Ag in Curtis
- Noel Bruner, Shelton, is majoring in Biochemistry. She’ll be a freshman at UNL.
- Michael Clevenger, Shelton. Wildlife Biology/Elementary Education
- Bridget Czaplewski, Grand Island. Secondary Education with a natural resources endorsement at Chadron State College
- John Czaplewski, Grand Island. Biology at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Jacob Dexter, Central City. Diversified Agriculture at Southeast Community College in Beatrice
- Hiram Dexter, Central City. Diversified Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University
- Allison Dush, St. Libory. Advertising/Marketing with minor in Environmental Sciences
- Jacob Fleischmann, Osceola. Wildlife Biology/Agriculture
- Daniel Gill, Wood River. Computer Science for Ag at University of Nebraska-Kearney
- Matthew Gloe, Wood River. Agribusiness at Hastings College
- Kristen Harders, Wood River. Geology at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology.
- Amanda Hefner, Archer. Environmental Sciences with emphasis in Natural Resources at UNL
- Alexandra Hempleman, Shelton. Agricultural Business at University of Nebraska-Kearney
- Mitchel Herbig, Central City. Mechanized Systems Management at UNL
- Aaron Huston, Central City. Agribusiness then Agronomy at Southeast Community College in Beatrice
- Alec Ibach, Sumner. Animal Science at UNL
- Anastasia Johnson, Central City. Animal and Plant Science
- Doran Johnson, Gothenburg. Agronomy at UNL
- Erica Jobman, Gothenburg. Agricultural Journalism at Chadron State College
- Phillip Johnson, Central City. Diversified Ag/Agronomy at Southeast Community College in Beatrice
- Drew Kime, Grand Island. Agribusiness at UNL
- Carlye Kush, Grand Island. Fisheries & Wildlife at UNL
- Travis Line, Miller. Agricultural Economics at UNL
- Elizabeth Lutz, Grand Island. Environmental Sciences at UNL.
- Ryan McFarland, Eddyville. Agricultural Sciences at Northeast Community College in Norfolk
- Derek Mettenbrink, Grand Island. Wildlife Management
- Tyler Plejdrup, Cairo. Agricultural Business at UNL.
- Eric Puckett, Columbus. Ag Business/Agronomy at Northwest Missouri State
- Issac Richter, Kearney. Agronomy at UNL
- Jonathan Royle, Central City. Rangeland Livestock Management at Chadron State College.
- Scott Saltzgaber, Grand Island. Wildlife Biology at UNK
- Carson Schultz, Wood River. Wildlife Biology at UNK
- Beau Sheen, Kearney. Agronomy or Agricultural Business Administration at UNL
- Chris Skeen, Grand Island. Civil Engineering at UNO
- Scott Sorensen, Centura High School in Cairo, Nebraska. Fisheries and Wildlife at UNL
- Drew Tickle, Kearney. Biology at Nebraska Wesleyan in Lincoln
- Tyler Tomasek, Hordville. Agronomy at CCC at Columbus.
- Benjamin Trampe, Sumner. Agronomy at UNL
- Justin Wadkins-Meyer, Gibbon. Bio-Chemistry at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Shannon Wietjes, Central City. Agricultural Business/Marketing at Nebraska Wesleyan in Lincoln
- Courtney Woodman, Kenesaw. Environmental Science at Doane College in Crete, Nebraska