Lower Platte North Natural Resources District (LPNNRD) is seeking an individual to fill the position of Education Coordinator. This is a full-time position to provide coordination of classroom and outdoor educational outreach, programs, and support for the District in specified areas of work. The full-time coordinator will work under the direction of the General Manager and within the Information and Education (I&E) Department as assigned.
For a full description, please visit https://lpnnrd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Education-Job-Announcement.pdf
LITTLE BLUE NATURAL RESOURCES DISTRICT
NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Natural Resources Technician will assist in carrying out specific water-related and operational programs and projects of the District. The employee will conduct many essential field functions, which are instrumental in bringing services and resource opportunities to the public.
1. Collect water samples for nitrate monitoring programs.
2. Conducting water flow meter maintenance activities associated with the District’s metering program.
3. Conduct chemigation inspections and field spot-checks as needed.
4. Assist in the maintenance activities associated with watershed dams, recreation areas, and other district projects.
5. Assist in the District’s tree planting operations.
6. Conduct ultrasonic water meter investigations as needed.
7. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL SKILLS: Individual skills considered important for this job include, but are not limited to:
1. An ability to work cooperatively and build positive relations with district constituents, other staff, the Board, or other agency and organization personnel.
2. Ability to read, good language and writing skills, effective listening and speaking skills are required for effective communications.
3. Good organizational skills and ability to record activities accurately. Initiative to keep producers and office personnel informed of activities and work schedules.
4. The ability to work independently, plan and organize work, and to make prudent and timely decisions for effective implementation of programs.
5. Ability to perform physical activities and outdoor work as required. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Mobility is required in order to conduct field activities and inspections.
6. Have knowledge and ability to operate machinery associated with functions of this position. Have mechanical skills necessary for the maintenance and repairs of farm and light construction equipment.
7. Have good technological skills, including proficiency with the computer and knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred from an accredited college, university, or technical school with a major in agriculture, conservation, environmental studies, natural resources, or water resources. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. An agricultural, trades, or conservation background is also highly desirable.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS:
Individual characteristics considered valuable for this position include, but are not limited to: A self-starter with good work habits and dedication to the job; A pleasant and friendly personality; An ability to meet and work cooperatively with people; Good organizational and record-keeping skills; Good communication skills; Ability and desire to learn; Computer proficiency; Good health, a willingness and ability to work in varying field conditions; Ability to carry out technical functions efficiently.
Must have a current driver’s license with a good driving record. A Class A CDL Operator’s License is preferred — If the candidate does not possess a Class A CDL, the candidate must be able to obtain a Class A CDL within 60 days of employment.
Must also be able to obtain a Natural Resources Ground Water Technicians certification.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be based on experience and education. Benefits include: retirement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability for employee and family.
The Little Blue NRD is an equal opportunity employer.