Forms and Permits

Groundwater Quality 

Groundwater Quantity

No new irrigated acres are allowed in the Central Platte Natural Resources District without offsetting other irrigated acres and an approved variance from the board of directors.

      • Certified Irrigated Acres Transfer  Application
      • Lienholder Consent  Form
      • Title Report  Form

Well Registration

Current Nebraska laws require that all water wells be registered with the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources (NDNR). Exceptions to the law include test holes in existence for 10 days or less, dewatering wells with the intended use of 90 days or less, and domestic/livestock wells completed prior to Sept. 9, 1993.

Water Well Contractors are responsible for filling the well registration information for newly constructed water wells with NDNR within 60 days of well completion. Well owners are responsible for registering existing wells that have not been previously registered with NDNR. Registration forms and information are available at DNR’s offices. Failure to register water wells is a Class IV misdemeanor under Nebraska law. If you have any questions about well registrations visit or contact NDNR’s main office: (402) 471-2363 or any of the field offices.

Well Permits

New Well Permit
Expedited Supplemental Groundwater Water Well
Municipal Well Permit
Industrial Well Permit
Domestic Well (Over 50 GPM) Permit
Transfer Location of Groundwater Use Water Well Permit
Replacement Well Permit
Change of Ownership
Historic Water Use Survey

General Forms

  • Variance Request to Rules & Regulations of the CPNRD  Appeal Form
  • U.S. Citizenship Form *NOTE: Each person submitting a form to the NRD must also submit this Citizenship Form.
  • Form 13-Nebraska Resale or Exempt Sale:   Certificate | Instructions